The corner of Baker and Chestnut in Carthage, Missouri, has a history in monument fabrication that dates all the way back to 1941, when the Beck family opened Ozark Memorial Company. In the 1950s, the shop was rechristened West Chestnut Monument – the name it still holds today. Pat Snyder’s history in Carthage’s monument business is also long, although not quite so long as the shop’s. He joined the industry in 1979 and began his career at West Chestnut in 1990. Just three years later, Pat and his wife Marcia, purchased the monument shop, and in the years since, it has become a family business. Today, Pat runs West Chestnut with his son Levi, daughter Jennie, and daughter-in-law M’lynne.